News:

Attempted Spam We have quite a large number of psudo-members register with our site for the sole purpose of posting spam messages. We have systems in place that prevent messages from new registrants from appearing on the forums. If you are a genuine member, please be patient and your message will appear once checked by a moderator.

Main Menu

How a Install WS 7??????

Started by hawksneo, January 03, 2005, 06:33:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hawksneo

Hi there, the boy from Argentina Again....

I have the WS 7 and i cant run the program.

The files in te Disk (CD created by a friend) are te Next ones:

Tables2.ovr
Winstall (help File)
WSSetup.ovr
serial.txt
Winstall.exe (aplication File)
WSSetup.exe (aplication File)

Disk1 (Security Catalog File?????????)
Disk 2
Disk 3
Disk 21 (they are all Security Catalog Files)

I'm Runing Win Xp SP2 and the Ws Version is in Spanish

NEED HELLPPPPPPP

Forum Admin

Hola!

You need to install the program first. To do this you will either need to create a set of installation floppy disks, or to copy all of the files into a single folder on your hard disk drive.

If you have installation floppies, insert the first disk and in a DOS window type:
    [*]CD A:[*]WSSETUP[/list]If you've copied them all to you hard disk, type:
      CD <drive:>\<folder> where <drive> is the hard disk drive letter (C: or D:), and <folder> is the folder where the files are: (Note: Keep to DOS friendly folder names (8 characters, no spaces, and no symbols other than - or _).
    [*]WSINSTALL /A[/list]These details are in the main site pages at: http://www.wordstar.org/wsdos/pages/ws7install.htm

The .CAT files are nothing to do with Windows, but a similar idea to Windows CAB files - compressed archives.

Saludos
    Mike
    Forum Administrator
    WordStar Resource Site

Join the WordStar mail list at Yahoo Groups