News:

Attempted Spam We have quite a large number of psudo-members register with our site for the sole purpose of posting spam messages. We have systems in place that prevent messages from new registrants from appearing on the forums. If you are a genuine member, please be patient and your message will appear once checked by a moderator.

Main Menu

A Formatting Question Using Wordstar 6 for DOS

Started by professor bunky, October 08, 2006, 05:03:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

professor bunky

I have some large documents in Wordstar 6 that I'm trying to reformat as automatically as possible, using as few keystrokes as possible (because of hand problems).

These documents originally have double-spaced paragraphs.  I need to convert them into single-spaced paragraphs with an additional blank line in-between them.  If I use .ls1 and then ^B^Q^Q to reformat the entire document I get it all single spaced, but then I have to automatically add the extra line between paragraphs.

The closest I've come to automating it so far, is to create a macro that repeats ^B^M about 20 times or so.  Running it after the .ls1 reformats about a page or two.  For long documents I still have to keep re-running the macro.

Is there a way to get WS6 to run the ^B^M command pair automatically for the entire document?

Does anyone have any other ideas?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

- Howard

PGAGA

Sunday 08 October 2006

Hi Howard!

If your paragraphs begin with and indent the easiest way is to do a universal find and replace (NG) for

^M^J^I (or whatever your beginning is)

to

^M^J^M^J^I

If you have no indent, then the easiest way is to use a program such as FinRep.com, or a hex editor,  to double the hard carriage returns.  WS uses hard and soft carriage returns--soft in the paragraph and hard at the end of paragraph.

Phil