News:

Attempted Spam Due to continued spamer registrations to our site all new registrations will only be permitted with administrator approval.

Main Menu

WS Dos and Brother HL1440 laser printer

Started by joan, June 28, 2003, 11:02:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joan

Hi, I just bought a Brother HL-1440 laser monochrome printer. Says it's DOS compatible with PCL4 emulation. How do I set my WordStar printing preferences to get it to print correctly? I need it to print other fonts besides just Courier. When i insert font dot commands, etc, into a file, it comes out smushed together in Courier no matter what.

(My old printer was an H-P LaserJet 5L that worked great, but even that one had no driver updated for Word in WinXP)

Many thanks in advance, and please reply to iaconetti@usa.net as well as on this forum.
Joan

PGAGA

Tuesday 08 July 2003

Hi Joan!

Go to my Web Space and try the  HP  drivers  found there

http://www.glinx.com/~grifwood/WordStar.html

The Deskjet printers are  PCL3, while  the LaserJet  drivers ar e  PCL5.  I suspect the answer  is my customized  LaserJet  5L driver.  I have a new one coming with Euro support.

Phil

joan

Many thanks,  Phil! Oddly enough, in desperation I reattached my old HP LaserJet 5L to my computer, and with calmer tweaking actually got it to work better than before. So I may return the Brother...but it's wonderful to know someone is out there keeping track of these drivers!

Again, Phil, giant thanks for your help and for all the great macros on your site (about which I'm sure I'll have further questions one of these days).
all the best,  Joan

PGAGA

Wednesday 09 July 2003

In addition to the  LaserJet 5L driver with the Euro, I  have  a revison of my HP4000 coming which will let users emulate the HP4000 on any printer.  I also have a working driver which  emulates the LJ5L on my HP Deskjets.

Hopefully the updates will be on my site in the next week.

Phil