News:

Attempted Spam Due to continued spamer registrations to our site all new registrations will only be permitted with administrator approval.

Main Menu

Poor print quality after XP upgrade

Started by AlexaS520, April 05, 2004, 06:57:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlexaS520

I own a Canon S520 printer.  It has always worked beautifully. Recently I upgraded my system from Windows Me to Windows XP, ever since then the print quality has been poor.

Here is a detailed list of the steps I took in trying to correct the problem I am still having with the print quality of my images since upgrading to Windows XP.

1. Checked my settings in Printing Preferences, to make sure they are optimized for high quality printing on Glossy Photo Paper.
2. Went into Effects and checked Vivid Photo, Image Optimizer and Photo Optimizer Pro.
3. Downloaded the updated printer driver for my Canon S520 printer off the Canon website, and followed the directions to install it.
4. Uninstalled both my printer, and the driver I just downloaded, and tried reinstalling my printer and its software, including the printer driver update.
5. Made sure Reduce Spool Data size was turned off.
6. Tried printing from different applications, such as Photoshop and QuarkExpress, only to get the same low-quality results.
7. Did a Nozzle Check Pattern and Print Head Alignment.

It seems like the printer is printing at a lower resolution since I upgraded to XP. The colors are good, but the images are very grainy.

I am getting extremely frustrated, because it seems like nobody has any answers for me. Is this a matter of my printer being incompatible with XP? I bought the printer about a year and a half ago, so it is fairly new.

I also contacted Canon and Microsoft, and they have no answers either.

Help me!!!!!

Big_Texas_Tom

Hey

I am having the EXACT SAME PROBLEM with my Canon S400.  

Please let me know if you find out a solution!

Thanks,

Tom