News:

Attempted Spam Due to continued spamer registrations to our site all new registrations will only be permitted with administrator approval.

Main Menu

Convert Word to Worstar

Started by rur42, March 09, 2014, 11:50:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rur42

I want to do just the opposite of most -- I want to convert Word files to Wordstar.

I have a couple of workarounds -- save Word files as rtf, the copy and paste.  Or load Word in Wordperfect 8 and then save as WS6.  (works sometimes)

Forum Admin

Have you tried Star Exchange to go from RTF to WordStar?
Forum Administrator
WordStar Resource Site

Join the WordStar mail list at Yahoo Groups

rur42

No I haven't tried Star Exchange.  I've never seen it, it is not in any of my WS6 or WS7 directories -- not in my WSWin directory.  There's no convert file.  I've been moving my WS6 & 7 from one computer to another since the 90's, and long ago lost or misplaced any setup files I once had.

I am muddling through however.  I can copy Doc or RTF (and in some cases pdf) text and paste it in a WS file -- I lose the formatting, but for most cobbled together jobs I can relatively quickly format in WS6.   If I can get a doc file to load in Wordperfect 8, I can then "save as" WS5 file -- but not all of them will load.  (Still WP8 has a very good selection of conversion options)

Forum Admin

If you're trying to copy and paste text you could tell word to save as plain text (*.txt) and try opening that, or copy and paste into Windows Notepad to strip out any formatting and hidden commands, and then save or copy and paste that into WordStar.
Forum Administrator
WordStar Resource Site

Join the WordStar mail list at Yahoo Groups

rur42