News:

Attempted Spam We have quite a large number of psudo-members register with our site for the sole purpose of posting spam messages. We have systems in place that prevent messages from new registrants from appearing on the forums. If you are a genuine member, please be patient and your message will appear once checked by a moderator.

Main Menu

Inset .PIX to useable graphics?

Started by stormyboy, February 14, 2014, 04:39:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stormyboy

Hello, everyone.  I have a lot of old clipart in the Inset .pix format.  I'm running Windows 7 x64 nowadays, so I can't use my old faithful Hijaak Pro anymore.  I remember seeing a PIX2PCX program once around here, and wondered if it is still available and if it would even run on x64. 

Thanks for any help or ideas.  I've googled online a lot and have only found malware and programs that won't handle .pix.

I use Mike's wonderful WordStar Template for Word.  Isn't it terrific?

Tom River

Forum Admin

Hi Tom,

I have the program. It used to be in the Web site downloads, but I've had to rebuild from the ground up and I haven't yet got around to resolving broken links or the downloads section. I'll try to make it available to you by the end of the week.

Regards
Mike
Forum Administrator
WordStar Resource Site

Join the WordStar mail list at Yahoo Groups

Forum Admin

Hi Tom,

I've started to work on the downloads so that you can get the pix2pcx program.

If you haven't already created a login account on the main site Home page you will need to do so - unfortunately the forum and Web site logins are separate. Being a registered member of the main site will enable downloads.

In the Main Menu select WordStar for DOS, and then in the WordStar for DOS sub-menu that will appear below, select Downloads. I haven't fully sorted out this yet so you'll probably see pic2pcx listed immediately, if not, look in the WordStar for DOS Utilities folder to find it.

I will work on limiting the WordStar for DOS Downloads to just that, or I'll move the Downloads to the main menu instead. I'll also start adding the other downloads that used to be on the site.

Regards
Mike
Forum Administrator
WordStar Resource Site

noelswanson

Hi

I have a bunch of /INSET images, each of which has three versions: .PIX .FST and .WSG
At least, I presume these are all images.

I tried the pix2pcx.exe but it tells me that 'delta.pix is not a bit-mapped graphics file'

Any suggestions on how I can extract/convert these images?

Thanks!

Noel

PS the captcha / antispam thing on this is terrible! It has taken me about 10 attempts to register myself and then submit this post.

stormyboy

Mike,
Thank you for setting up the Download file.  I thought I had left a message thanking you months ago, but I don't see it.  So, I figured I'd better get in my belated thanks!

Forum Admin

Forum Administrator
WordStar Resource Site