News:

Attempted Spam We have quite a large number of psudo-members register with our site for the sole purpose of posting spam messages. We have systems in place that prevent messages from new registrants from appearing on the forums. If you are a genuine member, please be patient and your message will appear once checked by a moderator.

Main Menu

Problem downloading fonts to HP4101MFP

Started by Teese52, November 26, 2004, 11:57:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teese52

I'm presently running my WS7 on Win98SE machines printing to LPT1 captured to a networked HP LaserJet IIID and using several .sfp soft fonts downloaded via pecho.com.  I'd like to switch all WS7 printing over to LPT2 which is captured to my HP4101MFP (it's using PCL6 and I've also tried with it on PCL5e) and, save for one glitch, it does just fine with the MFP set up as an alternate printer using the same driver ... but I can't for the life of me get those same fonts to be pulled into print jobs on the MFP (they appear to be successfully uploaded, and preview works just fine). Go back to PCL5e? Change font name extensions? Else?

PGAGA

Friday, November 26, 2004

Does the second printer support downloaded fonts?

Phil

Teese52

The HELP says it does (and doesn't appear to be limited to TrueType), and the font manager program from HP seems to agree, with an indication that the up/download of my Conofonts-brand bitmapped fonts was successful and they got there (although I'm still can't be sure if "there" is the MFP's hard drive or its internal memory).  I suppose my first clue of problems is that it won't print them on its font printout, but it's possible it wouldn't print downloaded fonts anyway.  One font example in the printer materials refers to a different file extension on the example font file, hence my one line of inquiry re soft font file extensions that'll work with WS7 ... or an HP 4100 series printer ... or PCL5e ... or PCL6.

PGAGA

Monday, November 29, 2004

Since I have never succeeded in downloading fonts, I am working in the dark.  I did successfully create an alpha WS7 driver for the HP4000 series.

The 4000 series started using a different technology for uploading stored fonts, so what you are experiencing may be related to that.

Phil