Wordstar 5.5...missing disks?

Started by Nathan_Elke, January 28, 2003, 08:15:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nathan_Elke

Hi. A group I work with was recently given a copy of Wordstar 5.5. for DOS, but I'm not sure if we have all the disks (they are on 3.5" low-density floppies). The fact that there's a "Printer Data 3 & 4" disk, a "Printer Data 5 & 6" disk, but no "Printer Data 1 & 2" disk makes me think we're missing something.

The disks we have are:
     Installation/Customization/README
     Program Advanced Page Preview
     Printer Data 3 & 4
     Printer Data 5 & 6
     MailList/TelMerge/ProFinder/PC-Outline
     Star Exchange 1 & 2
     Star Exchange 3/PostScript Files
     Inset
     Dictionaries (Speling, Thesaurus, Definitions)
     Tutor 1 & 2

If anyone can tell me for sure whether we're missing any disks, it would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Nathan Elke, for the Saskatoon Free-Net

mike457

Hi!
Sorry I didn't answer sooner, but I thought someone might take this up who has it on 3.5" disks. I have a set on 5 1/4 that I've copied to floppies. The original disks are as follows:
Installation/Customization
Advanced Customization
Program
Profinder
Dictionaries
Definitions
Advanced Page Preview
Insets 1 and 2
Tutorial 1 and 2
Star Exchange 1,2, and 3
Printer Data 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6
Postscript
Maillist/Telmerge/PC-Outline

Mine also came with a program from Bitstream for generating fonts (fontware) and disks for "Swiss" and "Dutch" (basically Ariel and Times New Roman).

If a copy of any of this might be helpful to fill out your disks, let me know. ;)

Best wishes,
Mike

WaU

Yes, there was one more disk as you thought, Printer data 1 & 2.  If I knew how to get it to you I'd forward the info to you, as I have two of the original sets.  I'm new to your message board, and am not sure just where your e-mail address is.  If I find it I will e-mail you.

Now that I look at the date you posted your message, I'm sure you have already received the information you requested, as you asked the question over a year ago, but if I locate your address, I'll still drop you a line.

deedee

To locate his address, just click on his name (in blue on the left of his message). You should be logged in at the time. Then his profile will come up, and his address is listed. You can also send him a private message, but as it's been so long since he posted, he may no longer be checking the forum for messages.

deedee
WordStar Users Group: http://www.wordstar2.com
WordStar Users Group Mailing Lists: http://wordstar2.com/mailman/listinfo
Reg. Linux User #327485