News:

Attempted Spam Due to continued spamer registrations to our site all new registrations will only be permitted with administrator approval.

Main Menu

Converting WS7 quotation marks in Word

Started by GenReno, June 14, 2004, 11:55:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GenReno

Does anyone know an easy (global) way to convert the WordStar style quotation marks into the MSWord style quote marks?  

I have two multi-hundred page documents with lots of dialog and quotation marks and I'd like to transfer them into MSWord as I'm converting to Word with Mike's wonderful overlay.

I have downloaded the WordStar file conversion utility so I can automatically convert my WS7 files to MSWord from within Word.   Everything transfers beautifully, except the quotation marks.  

Thanks.
GenReno

PGAGA

Monday, June 14, 2004

QuoteI have downloaded the WordStar file conversion utility so I can automatically convert my WS7 files to MSWord from within Word.   Everything transfers beautifully, except the quotation marks.

What you are experiencing I think is the problem with going from a DOS codepage 437 or 850 to a Windows codepage 1512 (?).  How I do this is use a PS printer driver for getting curly quotes (which is what I think you are referring to).  This done using a printed subsitution for the guillemots.  Once imported into word do a find/replace for leftguillemot to leftcurlquote and rightguillemot to rightcurlyquote.

Phil