News:

Welcome to the WordStar Forums.
Don't forget to add the link to your bookmarks!
http://forum.wordstar.org

Main Menu

WordStar 5.5 and Windows 2000

Started by rusek, September 25, 2004, 12:16:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rusek

I'm working with WordStar since 1986. Now I'm using version 5.5. There were no problems under Windows 3.0 to 98.
Now I use Windows XP (Home edition) and Windows 2000 Proffesional). Ther is no problem to use WordStar under Windows XP, but under Windows 2000 (SP 4 or 5 I do not know exactly) there if following problem:

If I set dos-properties - options - screen options - to "window" I cann use WordStar as usual.

by seting dos-properties - option - screen option - to "full screen" - WordStar load the file but I cann nothing do because
the keyboard ist "dead".
If I begin to work in "window" mode, I can work but by changing to "full screen" (alt-enter) - I cann do nothing.

What cann I do ?, is it keyboard problem, is ist video driver problem ? is it problem of allocation of memory ?

thanks Ivan

Forum Admin

Hi,

I've not heard of this problem before, but my guess would be video driver. You could try starting Windows in safe mode to get a basic VGA driver loaded and see if that makes any difference.
Forum Administrator
WordStar Resource Site

Join the WordStar mail list at Yahoo Groups

Henry_Bartlett

Hi
This sounds a bit like a problem I once had with my Windows 3.1 machine.

I had no mouse in fullscreen MSDOS mode.

The problem was that the DOS mouse driver was not loading in config.sys or autoexec.bat but the Windows mouse driver *was* loading at Windows startup.

I don't have either NT or Win2000 so I don't know if they need to load 2 different mouse drivers.

degustibus

odd to me too.

I use WS6 under several  versions of win2000pro.

But then I never use fullscreen.  I use the biggest window possible, have bever used fullscreen on any machine--except by mistake.
There's no rehab for stupidity...............