News:

Attempted Spam Due to continued spamer registrations to our site all new registrations will only be permitted with administrator approval.

Main Menu

Started by rlohmann, August 10, 2011, 01:55:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rlohmann

Hello, world. :)

WordStar 3.1 (I think) came bundled with my Sanyo MBC330-2, my first computer, when I brought it home on 2 July 1984. 

The Sanyo is still sitting in my closet with its manuals, lacking only the computer<-->monitor cable to be a fully functional machine.  (Does anyone know where I could find a replacement?)

I started learning WS to replace my handwritten office-administration diaries (I'm a lawyer). As the world transitioned into WinWord, WordPerfect, and back to the various WinWord iterations, I transitioned with it, except for those diaries. I installed the newer versions as they appeared.

The updates ended with WS7, but WS7 still runs perfectly under Windows 7. The latest diary entry was this morning.

Is anyone else sticking with it as a real-world business application?

--
Ralph

Forum Admin

Hi Ralph,

There are a quite a few here, including lawyers. Others use WordStar and then copy to Word for final formatting, and some just work in Word but with WordStar commands enabled.

If you've still got all your old Sanyo manuals you may find connector pin-out drawings in the reference sections for both the computer and monitor. With copies of these in hand you may be able to find a compatable cable, or get one made.

Regards
Mike
Forum Administrator
WordStar Resource Site

Join the WordStar mail list at Yahoo Groups