News:

Attempted Spam We have quite a large number of psudo-members register with our site for the sole purpose of posting spam messages. We have systems in place that prevent messages from new registrants from appearing on the forums. If you are a genuine member, please be patient and your message will appear once checked by a moderator.

Main Menu

Adding pictures to a WS6 document?

Started by mfishman, November 29, 2011, 07:05:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mfishman

Walter Holmes (you may remember him as retlaw) has asked me to post a question for him:
"Help, I've been using WordStar 6 since it first came out, for the last 10 years I have been researching all the WW1 soldiers in my patch, I' am now needing the ability to add pictures of some of the men, is this possible in WordStar 6, or do I need to convert to some other word processor, I have looked at some of the so called  file converters on the Web, tried one or two, & they are crap.
Any advice please, needs to be user friendly.
Many thanks Retlaw."

Please e-mail him directly (walterholmes at mypostoffice dot co dot uk) as well as posting here. Thanks very much.

Forum Admin

Hi Mark,

Good to see two old names again.

Although Walter may be able to handle pictures with WordStar I think he'll be stuck with the PCX file format, which probably isn't going to be good enough. I really suspect he'll need to try and move to Microsoft Word, to which he could add my WordStar command emulator to ease his way, or to some publishing system. If cost is an issue there's the excellent SoftMaker Office (a Microsoft Office XP look-alike).

Walter is a member of these forums, so if he logs in here, under the messages there is a NOTIFY button, which will forward all updates to this topic to him until he selects the UNNOTIFY button - one way to stay informed without the effort of checking in every-so-often. The same option is available when replying under the + Attachments and other options link below the reply box.

Cheers
Mike
Forum Administrator
WordStar Resource Site

Join the WordStar mail list at Yahoo Groups