News:

Attempted Spam We have quite a large number of psudo-members register with our site for the sole purpose of posting spam messages. We have systems in place that prevent messages from new registrants from appearing on the forums. If you are a genuine member, please be patient and your message will appear once checked by a moderator.

Main Menu

Printing problems

Started by Christopher_Emley, February 28, 2003, 05:34:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Christopher_Emley

I just installed the WordStar emulator this afternoon, and now I can't print from WordStar, from Word, from Notepad, from QuickBooks Pro or from any other application I've tried. ?Printer self-tests fine, cables are all still in place. ?I'm running XP Home, on a 1.8 Mhz Athlon chip. ?No previous printing problems until I installed the emulator. ?What should I try?

Forum Admin

Problem solved. Suggestions given were:

QuoteYou could prove this by simply moving the wordstar.dot out of the Word Start Up folder, but the program does nothing to your printers at all, so I suspect something else has gone awry.

Open Start > Settings > Printers, then double click on the printer that's giving problems, select the first document listed, then select Document > Cancel and see I that frees up the rest. If it doesn't you can repeat the process, or select Printer > Cancel all Documents to clear the entire list. I have one system at work that sometimes does this and it doesn't have the wordstar.dot program.

Also, check the printer's control panel for errors, it could be out of toner, think it has the wrong paper size, be out of paper, lost its network connection, or a number of other silly errors.
and the result...

QuoteSuggestion #1 cleared up the problem.
- That is, a document that didn't print clogged up the rest.

All's well that ends well.

Mike
Forum Administrator
WordStar Resource Site

Join the WordStar mail list at Yahoo Groups