News:

Attempted Spam We have quite a large number of psudo-members register with our site for the sole purpose of posting spam messages. We have systems in place that prevent messages from new registrants from appearing on the forums. If you are a genuine member, please be patient and your message will appear once checked by a moderator.

Main Menu

WSedit and Martins Editor 1.0 beta test for Windows, Macintosh and Linux

Started by Martin Vieregg 2, July 24, 2010, 02:46:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martin Vieregg 2

Hello,

after long time of waiting, the Lazarus-Freepascal programming environment is stable enough to publish Linux and Macintosh versions of WSedit and ME. WSedit is a Wordstar DOS 4 like editor with Wordstar keyset and reading WS4-7 files. ME is a substitute for a basic text editor like Notepad, also with Wordstar keyset. ME reads and writes now UTF8 text files.

Even I ported my programs from one Delphi-like programming environment to another, it was really hard work. 60.000 Lines of source code had to be slightly modified. Now the first beta versions are available. I need your feedback to find the bugs on the meanwhile four OS-specific versions (Windows, OS/2, Macintosh, Linux) of two different programs, two languages (english and german) and two programming environments. The OS/2 version rests on the old one (WDsibyl), the other three OS are supported by the new one (Freepascal-Lazarus).

Here is my new beta download page:

http://www.hypermake.com/english/betatest.html

Martin Vieregg

PGAGA

Saturday, July 24, 2010

My early reactions on all four operating systems running a real world test today using a process I do every Friday.

OS X Leopard - neither will run - I have fed the error message to Martin.

WinXP - WSedit runs but opening the settings dialogue causes a crash - as does too may line deletes
            ME works as advertized

OS/2 works as before for both programs.

Linux - Ubuntu in my case - works just like it does under OS/2 - spell checking up and running.  With both programs I did have to run chmod +x on the files to make the system see them as programs.

Phil