Emulator with Office 2007 and Windows 7

Started by eperkinsatmindnet, March 07, 2010, 10:08:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eperkinsatmindnet

The emulator works fine with the latest versions of Word/Office and Windows -- just movr it into the "satrtup" folder.

The computer I had been using since I first installed the emulator died -- mechanical, not software -- and I replaced it with a W7 machine. The only problem I encountered with the emulator is the same as from the beginning: You can't use the format painter for more than one continuous reformatting.

As someone who got into computing with CP/M and the original WS for Osborne, even if I live to 90 using Office 2018 and Windows 9, I hope I never have to give up the WS commands.

Forum Admin

Thanks Ed!

The other issue with Word 2007, and it will also apply to all future versions, is that the menus are no longer there. This won't affect anyone who solely uses the keyboard, but may affect those who also wanted to retain the WordStar menus.

Regards
Mike
Forum Administrator
WordStar Resource Site

Join the WordStar mail list at Yahoo Groups

eperkinsatmindnet

Mike

For some reason, the emulator suddenly stopped working for Word 2007/Win7/64. The error message said that the emulator had caused the program to crash and that Word had therefore labeled it as bad and no longer allows it to load. Any ideas?

Re my earlier post: I haven't lived to 90 yet, but I was still going strong with the emulator at age 85 until it quit and I want it back in operation!

Forum Admin

This is the first ever report of the emulator causing Word to crash. Are you using Word 2007 64-bit, or 32-bit? There will be problems with the 64-bit version of MS Office.

I don't have Word 2007 installed, but you could check your Word Options. You need to allow macros to run.
Forum Administrator
WordStar Resource Site

Join the WordStar mail list at Yahoo Groups

michael

I need to buy this emulator. I was pleased with the trial version and now want the full version.

But I need some kind of link or an email address to which I can make a paypal payment.

Michael