News:

Attempted Spam We have quite a large number of psudo-members register with our site for the sole purpose of posting spam messages. We have systems in place that prevent messages from new registrants from appearing on the forums. If you are a genuine member, please be patient and your message will appear once checked by a moderator.

Main Menu

New Converter - Testing Required

Started by Forum Admin, September 19, 2004, 12:57:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Forum Admin

A new version of the HABit Wordstar Converter is in the pipeline. This version adds WordStar 2000 support and makes improvements in other areas. The new version can convert files from most MSDOS versions of WordStar and output to both text and HTML formats.

The HTML files preserve the WordStar character attributes and some layout features set in the "text styles" (font size and centering) used in WordStar 5, 6 and 7, and in WordStar 2000, centering is preserved.

The beta version is ready for testing and needs volounteers to undertake this. If you're willing, please send an email to habit@bigmailbox.net to  request a copy of the software. Once the testing is complete and the final version released it will be announced here and links to downloads provided here and on the author's site.

Thanks
Forum Administrator
WordStar Resource Site

Join the WordStar mail list at Yahoo Groups

Henry_Bartlett

Ass the "Forum Admin" has announced I have the latest version of Habit WordStar Converter available for testing.

Details of this new version can be seen at http://www.hotkey.net.au/~hambar/habit/WSCbeta.htm.

I really need your help with this.

If you would like a copy for testing, please email me at habit@bigmalbox.net.

Henry_Bartlett

Hi All

The HABit WordStar Converter version 3 has remained in the beta stage for longer than I had anticipated but all issues now appear to have been sorted out.

The latest release is version 3.3 beta, dated 09 February 2005.

I intend to release it, at the end of February 2005, as the only version downloadable from my website.

HABit WordStar Converter version 3 will be released as Freeware.
The main features of this new version are:

* Converts files from all MS DOS versions of WordStar (including
  WS 2000 and all versions from 3 to 7.

(Note that it does not convert WordStar for Windows files.)

* Outputs to plain text or to HTML.

* Text attributes ("character formatting") are preserved in the HTML
  output but not paragraph formatting.

* Formatting by use of tabs and blank spaces can optionally be
  preserved in plain text output.

* Footnotes in later versions are preserved (linked in the HTML
  output).

* All files in the same folder and with the same extension can be
  converted as a batch after a sample file has been converted.

If you have a copy of any of the releases of HABit WordStar converter 3 beta, have found problems with it and have not yet reported them, please contact me ASAP, so that, before I do the full release, I may fix any bugs that I do not yet know about.

Henry Bartlett

email: habit@bigmailbox.net
HABit utilities
http://www.hotkey.net.au/~hambar/habit/