What happened to the Wordstar Users Group?

Started by Phil White, February 03, 2009, 01:47:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrweber

there is a small but active wordstar users group that meets irregularly in the jim fuller room of the little creatures brewery, in fremantle, western australia

we are also convening an assembly of like minded folk at the acec2010.info starting easter monday (dockers v essendon at the mcg) thru the conference to the following friday.

drop us a line if you get down under

c ya

mark

AndrewP

Quote from: Gene Wirchenko on December 02, 2009, 01:07:53 AM
I am still getting the mailing list monthly status posts.  Does anyone know how to get them to stop?

Unless you can convince the ISP that the site/group owner is deceased and have them take it down, try setting up email blocking in your inbox at the ISP level, before it ever reaches your computer.  That's worked for me with organizations that don't pay attention to mailing list removal requests.

AndrewP

Quote from: Phil White on February 12, 2009, 03:03:10 AM
The Wordstar2 Internet Archive:

http://web.archive.org/web/20070825153600/www.wordstar2.com/index.php

has the bare bones of the old site including links to the Wordstar Archives pages, but all the posts there are absent.   FAQ's on the site say it will take up to 6 months for a site to be fully archived.

Alas, some sites get archived only upon specific request by the site's administrator, and, unless I'm mistaken, the Internet Archive's 'bots respect "nofollow", "noindex" and "noarchive" rules, so it's possible that certain pages will never be archived.  (Thus, oblivion was the fate of much of Yahoo! Geocities when it was shut down in October 2009.)