I want to buy a version of wordstar for win 2000 or xp

Started by cristi angelescu, July 06, 2007, 03:28:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cristi angelescu

I wanna buy a version of wordstar for windows 2000 or xp.
I have an old version of wordstar for dos but I couldn/t install on the new computer.
I'm really desperate cause I bought a new computer this days and I have a surprise. For the motherboard does not exist suport to instal windows 98.
Please, if anyone could help....

Forum Admin

There aren't any versions of WordStar for Windows 2000.

If you still have access to your old PC just copy all the files and directories from the old WordStar installation and put them on the new PC in exactly the same locations. C:\WS must remain C:\WS etc.

What happens when you try to install WordStar on the new computer? Please raise a new topic on the WordStar for DOS General Discussion board to explain this and seek a solution.

Reagrds
Mike
Forum Administrator
WordStar Resource Site

Join the WordStar mail list at Yahoo Groups

Mike_Newcomb

Expanding on Mike's reply above.

There are versions of Wordstar for Windows, however they are for very early versions of windows and I have no experience of using such.

You do not advise why you cannot install your old dos version, but there should be no problems if you copy over as Mike suggests.

However installing should work, but do not place where a long path is required, as dos has a limit asto the number of characters in the path name that can be handled.

Should you have problems running in a full screen/window, advise and I can supply assistance with this.

This morning I typed a letter using Wordstar 6 in a full screen under W2000 without problem.

Good Luck - Mike Newcomb