A Formatting Question Using Wordstar 6 for DOS

Started by professor bunky, October 08, 2006, 05:03:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

professor bunky

I have some large documents in Wordstar 6 that I'm trying to reformat as automatically as possible, using as few keystrokes as possible (because of hand problems).

These documents originally have double-spaced paragraphs.  I need to convert them into single-spaced paragraphs with an additional blank line in-between them.  If I use .ls1 and then ^B^Q^Q to reformat the entire document I get it all single spaced, but then I have to automatically add the extra line between paragraphs.

The closest I've come to automating it so far, is to create a macro that repeats ^B^M about 20 times or so.  Running it after the .ls1 reformats about a page or two.  For long documents I still have to keep re-running the macro.

Is there a way to get WS6 to run the ^B^M command pair automatically for the entire document?

Does anyone have any other ideas?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

- Howard

PGAGA

Sunday 08 October 2006

Hi Howard!

If your paragraphs begin with and indent the easiest way is to do a universal find and replace (NG) for

^M^J^I (or whatever your beginning is)

to

^M^J^M^J^I

If you have no indent, then the easiest way is to use a program such as FinRep.com, or a hex editor,  to double the hard carriage returns.  WS uses hard and soft carriage returns--soft in the paragraph and hard at the end of paragraph.

Phil