News:

Forgotten your login details? Click here to find out how to reset them!

Main Menu

The Look of WordStar

Started by Allan, September 09, 2004, 06:31:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allan

I'm a writer, at the screen hours per day.  I've used Wordstar since about 1983 (it came bundled with my Kaypro).  I have tried every word processing program I could find and I've always returned to WS.  One of the big reasons for this is the display:  Dark green letters on a clean black screen.  There seems to be no way to achieve this with any other I've been able to find (yes, you can set WP to take on the system colors and you can set up web colors, but those are the colors sent to the printer at print time).  This may seem trivial, but I find that the above setup is much easier on the eyes (and the mind, too, without all the visual clutter).

I've noticed that there is a WS emulator for Word now.  Could it possibly be modified to to emulate the ease with wich WS's display features can be altered.

Forum Admin

If you can set it in Word you can set it in the emulator. The prime concern though, was to get WordStar commands working from within Word, rather than the screen appearance. I think you'd have to get used to a white text area.

Mike
Forum Administrator
WordStar Resource Site

Join the WordStar mail list at Yahoo Groups

Allan

Thanks, I'd sort of come to that conclusion.  It's still a bit puzzling, though, that background and font colors were so easy to set in WS for DOS (WP, too) and yet in Windows, which is all about color and where the color of so many objects is so easy to change -- won't support these options.