News:

Attempted Spam Due to continued spamer registrations to our site all new registrations will only be permitted with administrator approval.

Main Menu

Conversion Programs

Started by Forum Admin, May 06, 2005, 03:54:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Forum Admin

I've recently been contacted by someone who got duped into paying for a file conversion utility that didn't do what it said it would do.

The program is question was ABC Amber, which suggests that the text converter will convert WordStar files into other formats - it won't!

What these programs really offer is a front end to import/export filters from other vendors; Microsoft in particular. To use this program to convert WordStar files you need to download the discontinued Microsoft filters!

Be aware that unless I've listed a conversion option on the Conversion FAQ pages http://www.wordstar.org/wordstar/pages/convert_faq.htm of this Web site as a valid option, you may be wasting your time and money! I will add this so-called converter, but with a recommendation to not consider it as an option.

If you do find a genuine conversion system, please let me know and I'll add it to the options. If you find another program like the one mentioned above, that doesn't do what it says it does, also please post details here so others don't get duped as well.
Forum Administrator
WordStar Resource Site

Join the WordStar mail list at Yahoo Groups