News:

Attempted Spam Due to continued spamer registrations to our site all new registrations will only be permitted with administrator approval.

Main Menu

WsWin2 and W2000

Started by abrandes, March 06, 2003, 07:53:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

abrandes

I'm trying to run WsWin Ver 2 under W2000.
One machine loaded fine, runs fine.
Need to load to another machine and my laptop, both W2000. I have a clean (never used) install floppy.
When I run the setup from the floppy, I get the initial white screen, then it disappears, never to be seen again.
Running setup again just causes the white screen to flash and then disappear.
Any suggestions? ???

Forum Admin

Hi,

I've found the install on Win2K and XP to be flaky, sometimes I've seen it work, and others not work. This is in addition to the other problems WSWin has on these operating systems (font selector doesn't always select correct font, can't assign macros to keystrokes, menus, or toolbar buttons, etc).

The simpleset solution will be to zip the WSWin directory on the machine where you have it installed and working, and copy that onto the other PC. As long as you retain the same directory (sorry, folder) names and put it on the same drive letter it will work fine.

You will also need to copy wsw*.* and if you've installed the Mail List program, also wsml.* from your WINDOWS, or WINNT folder, and that's that.

Cheers
Mike
Forum Administrator
WordStar Resource Site

Join the WordStar mail list at Yahoo Groups

abrandes

Really Works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You've made my day!!!!!!
Love WordStar!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)  :)

Forum Admin

Another satisfied customer - that's what we like to see  :)! Thanks for letting us know.

Don't forget to apply the Y2K patches if you haven't already done so and use the date functions at all.

Cheers
Mike
Forum Administrator
WordStar Resource Site

Join the WordStar mail list at Yahoo Groups