News:

Attempted Spam We have quite a large number of psudo-members register with our site for the sole purpose of posting spam messages. We have systems in place that prevent messages from new registrants from appearing on the forums. If you are a genuine member, please be patient and your message will appear once checked by a moderator.

Main Menu

Convertion from CP/M to Dos/Win

Started by Dark_Skell, January 29, 2004, 10:08:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark_Skell

subj: is it possible?

Ive got 14 floppies of files with no extention and I need to convert them to something that can be opened in Windows. most of them have a "R@" named directory on them. They were all made in WordStar, at least my client says so :). I searched the web but couldn't find anything. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks for your time.

PGAGA

Saturday, January 31, 2004

If the files are WS, then all major Word Processors can open them--although custom installation of the filters is sometimes needed.

Your easist answer though may be to get WSedit from www.writeandset.com and use it to open the files.  You may need to add an extension.

Phil

Dark_Skell

No they're not WS, although I can open them in WordStar or Notepad or Norton Commander's F3-F4 features. They have simple names like A01 and ANNCMNTS and dont have any extencion at all. I believe it to be the format in which CP/M OS saved its files, and I'm desperatly (spell?) seeking the convertor to at least to WordStar DOS formats.

I can get the bits and pieces of text from those files, but as I said before I got 14 floppies and each of them has 50-90 files with pieces of one text. I don't feel like "copy-pasting" all this crap, taking into consideration that I dont know the text and its structure.

Anyway, thanks. I'll try WSedit

PGAGA

Wednesday, February 04, 2004

Sounds like they might be Perfect  Writer files.

Phil