Recent posts

WordStar for DOS in Linux / Re: Ubuntu dosemu wordstar 5.5...
Last post by Forum Admin - August 18, 2013, 01:33:09 PM
Quote(pssst the editor should not show wordstar as misspelled, especially on a wordstar site.

I can't help with your printing question, but I can help with the spelling. The word list comes from your system. However, as you alerted me to the problem I've installed a custom dictionary and added WordStar to it, so hopefully it won't show as incorrect again. I can't test it because it didn't show up as incorrect for me anyway, but the update will add WordStar as a possible correction if what you type isn't recognised as a known word.

Thanks for the pointer.
WordStar for DOS in Linux / Ubuntu dosemu wordstar 5.5 sam...
Last post by jsowden - August 18, 2013, 12:45:57 PM
I am trying to print, using Wordstar 5.5 in dosemu under ubuntu 13.04.  The printer responds, but does not print.  I tried using an ascii editor under dosemu and got the same results.
Is samsung spl compatible with hp pcl? (pssst the editor should not show wordstar as misspelled, especially on a wordstar site.

John
Market Place / Re: Buying Wordstar DOS
Last post by ay171 - July 25, 2013, 09:13:46 PM
I have 2 copies of WordStar for DOS 5.5.  All manuals are included.
They come with the original 5.25 floppies.  On copy comes with the original box.  I also have 3.5 disks (copies of the 5.2 disks).  Please let me know if you are interested.  If you are, I can find out how much the postage from Canada would be.

Donald
WordStar Discussion at Yahoo Groups / Wordstar 7.0D Clone
Last post by Maillist - July 06, 2013, 06:00:05 AM
Re: Wordstar 7.0D Clone

Printing is the next 'big ticket' item I'm looking at. Maybe before some more dot commands. Gerald ... [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Source: Re: Wordstar 7.0D Clone
WordStar Discussion at Yahoo Groups / Word opening WordStar
Last post by Maillist - June 30, 2013, 05:12:34 AM
Re: Word opening WordStar

... They've been retired by Microsoft and no are longer available from there, but appear to be archived here:

Source: Re: Word opening WordStar
WordStar Discussion at Yahoo Groups / Install Wrdstr32.cnv on Window...
Last post by Maillist - June 26, 2013, 09:51:41 PM
Install Wrdstr32.cnv on Windows 7

To install revised Normal.dat, templates, etc, copy/install into c:\\users\\username\\AppData\\Roaming\\Microsoft\\Templates Copy filter files Wrdstr32.cnv (as well

Source: Install Wrdstr32.cnv on Windows 7
WordStar Discussion at Yahoo Groups / Word filters
Last post by Maillist - June 24, 2013, 04:28:54 AM
Re: Word filters

What Words filters are these and where do I go to find them?   Larry [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Source: Re: Word filters
Market Place / Buying Wordstar DOS
Last post by Q90 - June 21, 2013, 07:42:05 PM
Hello everyone!
I currently am looking for a copy of wordstar for my 386 machine. I would like to have the keys included and everything as well.
Thanks!
WordStar Discussion at Yahoo Groups / Mike Petries Emulator with LIb...
Last post by Maillist - June 19, 2013, 09:08:32 PM
Re: Mike Petries Emulator with LIbre Office

Jan ,  Sie/Du meinten/est am / you wrote on 12.06.13 ... If you are happy with Textmaker, why not get the current version? The complete Softmaker office suite

Source: Re: Mike Petries Emulator with LIbre Office
Discussion / Houghton Mifflin Harcourt' and...
Last post by babya - June 18, 2013, 04:08:49 AM
 Houghton Mifflin Harcourt and their Riverdeep division is still the current owner of the WordStar intellectual property as of 2013. I confirmed this with them via email.

Here's their response:
Unfortunately, the title you have written about is very dated, and is no longer sold or supported by HMH. There are no current plans to update this title for newer operating systems.

The title in question is of course WordStar.

They won't allow it to be legally re-released in some way and there isn't any support for it.

On the other hand many older software is legally avaialbe sometimes at no cost by the permission of the copyright owners, especially games. Also notably Microsoft made Word 5.5 for DOS legally available as a free download despite no longer supporting that release.

A shame really for historical or emulation purposes-at least we do have a command emulator available.