News:

Attempted Spam We have quite a large number of psudo-members register with our site for the sole purpose of posting spam messages. We have systems in place that prevent messages from new registrants from appearing on the forums. If you are a genuine member, please be patient and your message will appear once checked by a moderator.

Main Menu

Recent posts

Discussion / Re: Hello, hello, is there any...
Last post by Valinbc - April 15, 2015, 01:16:17 AM
Thanks, that's OK.  I am using the listen option now.  (and I also figured out the precious stone question - at first all I could think of was star sapphire and star ruby)  I have joined the yahoo group too now, though I prefer this sort of forum where it's easier to see all the topics, etc.
Discussion / Re: Oh no, I have the 64-bit v...
Last post by Valinbc - April 15, 2015, 01:11:50 AM
Thanks, Mike.  I didn't know that!  OK then, I'll get someone to help me with that.  (Looking forward to it.)  I think your program would be really beneficial to to those doing medical transcription, as its' paid by the line. 

Discussion / Re: Oh no, I have the 64-bit v...
Last post by Forum Admin - April 15, 2015, 12:11:14 AM
Hello Val,

You can uninstall the 64-bit version ad replace it with the 32-bit version using the original installation DVD. The DVD contains both editions. There are many reasons for not using the 64-bit version of Microsoft Office, not limited to the WordStar Emulator!

If I can modify the program to support both Word 32- and 64-bit I will announce that in the news section and on the main Web site.

Regards
Mike
Discussion / Re: Hello, hello, is there any...
Last post by Forum Admin - April 15, 2015, 12:05:44 AM
Hi Val,

The Yahoo Group is more active than these forums these days.

You can download the trial version of the WordStar Emulator to test it out. To install the emulator select your version of Word from the pages listed on the Installation & Options page. If you like the program you can buy the full version - simply replace the trial program with the full version to gain all the features.

The Captcha is there to stop spammers. Sorry, a necessity.

Regards
Mike
Discussion / Oh no, I have the 64-bit versi...
Last post by Valinbc - April 14, 2015, 03:52:27 AM
Well, I just found out I have the 64-bit version of Word 2010.  Word 2010 can't be purchased anymore, and many people dislike 2013 (I have it - yuk, want to stay with my 2010).  I guess I'm doomed?...is there any hope of compatibility in the future? 

Val
Discussion / Re: Reply by email
Last post by Valinbc - April 14, 2015, 12:58:05 AM
I like the idea of getting an email notice when my thread or a thread I have been commenting on gets a response.  That way, I am alerted to get on and read it. 
Discussion / Hello, hello, is there anybody...
Last post by Valinbc - April 14, 2015, 12:43:19 AM
 :o  Hello!  I am going back to a career of word processing after an absence of over 30 years.  I used to use WordStar and by the end of it was a real pro.  I have been using a mouse for many years, but am loath to use it for any long period of time (or speed, where speed counts).  I miss my WordStar and hope I can download this add-in to work.

BTW, is the Yahoo group going to move over here, or must I join there (I tend to have little luck with Yahoo groups - don't know why)? 

(And oh my, do I have to type those hard-to-read verification letters every time I post?)
Support / Re: Emulator with Office 2007 ...
Last post by Forum Admin - February 28, 2015, 04:35:06 AM
This is the first ever report of the emulator causing Word to crash. Are you using Word 2007 64-bit, or 32-bit? There will be problems with the 64-bit version of MS Office.

I don't have Word 2007 installed, but you could check your Word Options. You need to allow macros to run.
Support / Re: Emulator with Office 2007 ...
Last post by eperkinsatmindnet - February 28, 2015, 01:54:33 AM
Mike

For some reason, the emulator suddenly stopped working for Word 2007/Win7/64. The error message said that the emulator had caused the program to crash and that Word had therefore labeled it as bad and no longer allows it to load. Any ideas?

Re my earlier post: I haven't lived to 90 yet, but I was still going strong with the emulator at age 85 until it quit and I want it back in operation!
General Discussion / WS 7.0 DOS program now install...
Last post by MrSafety - February 08, 2015, 09:42:24 PM
1/ My friend's Acer started dieing but I still have it working...
2/ but as a backup I have picked up a much newer (but "refurbished") Gateway computer...
3/ I have installed his WordStar (for DOS) and it is running (in DOS ) under Windows XP...
4/ Thus far I only have one "bug" that I believe is WS software in origin...
     when we initially open a file the window does NOT us the full height of the screen...
     and when I try to use the classic command ^OM to change window size,
     we see an error message to the effect that there is NOT enough memory or a 2nd "Half Screen"
     has not been set up yet.   NOTE - This same WS program does not have this problem
     running on his old-&-dieing ACER computer...
     and my friend is NOT much help!
     Q - Is there another classic control (^) or dot (.) command that will resolve this
           half-sized single window problem ?
Sam Ross