Word 2003: Assign "Home" to Ctrl+Q+S Keyboard Shortcut?

Started by Clueless, January 31, 2020, 09:53:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clueless

I'm an old guy and back in the 80s I cut my teeth on the CP/M version of WordStar, and I still prefer using its keyboard shortcuts. But over the last few years I've become more and more dependent on the outline mode in MS Word and there's one keyboard shortcut I wish I could add to it:

I'm a clumsy touch typist, and the "Home" key on my PC keyboard is such a long reach away from the standard keyboard keys, that I have to look down from the screen to the keyboard each time I need to use it.

I would like to create a macro in Word 2003 that would assign the action of the "Home" key to the keyboard combination Ctrl+Q+S.

I've figured out how to assign an action to a combination of the Ctrl key plus a single key. But I can't figure out how to assign an action to Ctrl plus two additional keystrokes.

I'd sure be grateful for some help figuring this out.

Will in Seattle
a.k.a. "Clueless"

Forum Admin

Hi Will,

In the Customize Keyboard screen, in the Categories box select All Commands, and then in the Commands box select StartOfLine. The Current keys box should now show Home.

Click in the Press new shortcut key box and then hold down the Ctrl key and type QS. The box should show this as Ctrl+Q,S. Click Assign to add this key combination as an option to using the Home key.

Close the Customize Keyboard screen and test the new command Ctrl+Q,S.

Regards
Mike
Forum Administrator
WordStar Resource Site

Join the WordStar mail list at Yahoo Groups

Clueless

Thanks a million, Mike!

That worked!

Will in Seattle
a.k.a. "Clueless"