News:

Attempted Spam We have quite a large number of psudo-members register with our site for the sole purpose of posting spam messages. We have systems in place that prevent messages from new registrants from appearing on the forums. If you are a genuine member, please be patient and your message will appear once checked by a moderator.

Main Menu

WordStar 5.5 and Windows 2000

Started by rusek, September 25, 2004, 12:16:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rusek

I'm working with WordStar since 1986. Now I'm using version 5.5. There were no problems under Windows 3.0 to 98.
Now I use Windows XP (Home edition) and Windows 2000 Proffesional). Ther is no problem to use WordStar under Windows XP, but under Windows 2000 (SP 4 or 5 I do not know exactly) there if following problem:

If I set dos-properties - options - screen options - to "window" I cann use WordStar as usual.

by seting dos-properties - option - screen option - to "full screen" - WordStar load the file but I cann nothing do because
the keyboard ist "dead".
If I begin to work in "window" mode, I can work but by changing to "full screen" (alt-enter) - I cann do nothing.

What cann I do ?, is it keyboard problem, is ist video driver problem ? is it problem of allocation of memory ?

thanks Ivan

Forum Admin

Hi,

I've not heard of this problem before, but my guess would be video driver. You could try starting Windows in safe mode to get a basic VGA driver loaded and see if that makes any difference.
Forum Administrator
WordStar Resource Site

Join the WordStar mail list at Yahoo Groups

Henry_Bartlett

Hi
This sounds a bit like a problem I once had with my Windows 3.1 machine.

I had no mouse in fullscreen MSDOS mode.

The problem was that the DOS mouse driver was not loading in config.sys or autoexec.bat but the Windows mouse driver *was* loading at Windows startup.

I don't have either NT or Win2000 so I don't know if they need to load 2 different mouse drivers.

degustibus

odd to me too.

I use WS6 under several  versions of win2000pro.

But then I never use fullscreen.  I use the biggest window possible, have bever used fullscreen on any machine--except by mistake.
There's no rehab for stupidity...............