News:

Attempted Spam We have quite a large number of psudo-members register with our site for the sole purpose of posting spam messages. We have systems in place that prevent messages from new registrants from appearing on the forums. If you are a genuine member, please be patient and your message will appear once checked by a moderator.

Main Menu

Screenwriter needs conversion help!

Started by JIMI, July 21, 2004, 04:08:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JIMI

I'm film writer/director who has some old scripts and projects that are on Wordstar 4.0.  

I need to convert them to Windows 95, 98, or find a way to bring them into FinalDraft (scriptwriting program).

I am pretty much a moron when it comes to this sort of thing -- I would be willing to hire someone to walk me through this -- if it's even possible.

thanks,

Walter Klenhard
phone:  530-867-4774
e-mail: wklen@aol.com

Forum Admin

You should be able to use WS-CON to convert them to either plain text or to RTF, which FinalDraft should be able to import.

You can get WS-CON (free) from http://www.wordstar.org/wsdos/pages/downloads.htm#WSCONEN.

To use it, unzip the program into a new folder (C:\WSCON, for example). Copy your WordStar files into the same folder - keep the originals safe. Then open a DOS-Prompt and type: cd wscon <CR>. You should now be in the WSCON folder and be able to see your files by typing: dir <CR>.

If you want to convert a file called "PLAY.WS4" to a plain text file called "PLAY.TXT" you now do this by typing: ws-con play.ws4 play.txt <CR>. Repeat this for all the files you want to convert. If you want RTF, just type: ws-con play.ws4 play.rtf <CR> instead.

Good luck!
Forum Administrator
WordStar Resource Site

Join the WordStar mail list at Yahoo Groups

Allan

You may also want to try WordPerfect 11 or 12.  They have excellent conversion drivers.I find I can simply "open" my ws files and then save them in a variety of formats.

PGAGA

Thursday 09 September 2004

One option is to use WSedit, part of WriteandSet which uses hte WSS4 format.

Phil